Just thought I’d repost these questions from Will Mancini (Church Unique) & Tom Harper
These are things we should all think about every now and then.
As you think about your personal vision…
- What one thing bothers you most about the world?
- If you knew you couldn’t fail, what one thing would you pursue for God?
- What do you tend to pray for the most?
- What gives you energy?
- What have you secretly believed you would be really good at if only you were given a chance?
- What do others say that you are good at? That you are not good at? (Have you asked lately?)
- What projects or accomplishments, though probably unnoticed by others, created a deep sense of satisfaction on your life’s journey? What projects or accomplishments from grade school years, high school, college and early career?
- What would you want people saying about you at your funeral? State three words that reflect “who you were.” State three words that reflect “what you accomplished.”
- Who are your heroes? Why do you admire them? Who have you wanted to emulate or spend time with but have not been able to?
In class last night Dr. Loken asked us each to spend about 10 minutes and write our own 10 commandments around each of these 10 topics listed. It’s a good exercise; I’d encourage you to do it too. Here’s what I came up with:
1. Priorities – I will keep my personal relationship with God above my job.
2. Worship – I will worship outside the church.
3. Reverence – I will pay attention to the little things God has done. (Is there such a thing as a “little” thing?)
4. Time – I will faithfully continue my devotional time with Miranda.
5. Authority – I will respect the people God has placed above me, even if I disagree with them.
6. Life – When I have them someday, I will raise my children to know true life – that which only God can give.
7. Purity – When my thought life is tempted, I will seek the “way out” described by 1 Cor 10:13. “But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”
8. Property – I will sacrifice my own stuff/desires so others can have more.
9. Tongue – I will speak what is right, true, noble, pure, uplifting/encouraging, and honoring to God.
10. Contentment – I will enjoy all that I have in spite of what the world tells me I need.